2015 Tri-County 4x4 Fasttrack Mud Racing Rules
1. Tech-In ends at noon. All drivers must be teched in and registered
by noon or you will have to pay a late entry, a fee of double the
entry. Due to past problems we will enforce this rule!!!!
2. Drivers meeting at 12:30p.m.
3. All drivers must sign a waiver. No drivers under 18 will be allowed
to race unless a parent signs a waiver, must be 16 to drive a vehicle.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUNK DRIVERS!! If there are complaints about a driver
being intoxicated while racing he/she will forfeit all entries and
be disqualified from all races.
5. Once a class starts no new entries or refunds allowed.
6. Vehicles may be entered only once per class.
7. Once you are called to the line you have 3 minutes to get there.
8. Only driver entered for a class may run in that class. You can not
have someone run in your place. If you are unable to race you will
be disqualified and entries will be forfeited.
9. Drivers and one crew member allowed in the pit area. ABSOLUTELY no
unattended children in the pit area.
10. No hot rodding on premises.
11. If needing to change tires you must let officials know during time
of inspection and drivers meeting.
12. All drivers must wear seatbelt and strapped helmet.
13. OFFICIAL’S DECISION IS FINAL!!!! Absolutely no arguing with
officials will be tolerated! If you continue to argue you will be
escorted off premises.
14. Fire extinguishers in every vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. Four wheel brakes, except for two wheel drive altered, rear engine
dragsters, etc. with spindle mount wheels.
16. In order for a class to race there must be at least 2 drivers in
that class, pay first place only!!
17. Must wear firesuit if running nitrous or alcohol
18. $25 per class entry fee, 100% payback (50% first, 30% second, 20%
third) Junior racers are $5
19. If race starts and gets cancelled we will give tickets for gate fee,
NO REFUNDS. (tickets will be good for next race date only)
20. Any vehicle running trans-brake or nitrous must have trans-shield or
21. Any protest of a vehicle must be made to a race official before the
class starts. The protest committee will consist of Head of Tech and
Executive Committee. A fee of $25 cash will be assessed for all
protests. In the event that the protested vehicle is found to be
legal, the $25 will be donated to the vehicle being protested. If
the vehicle is found to be illegal, the $25 will be refunded to the
individual who presents the protest. Protest must come from drivers
within that class only.
22. Must have windshield or full eye protection.
23. No loose objects in vehicle, front or back.
The class uses an Index for the dial-in time and a sportsman tree. Each
racer’s quickest qualifying ET ( out of 2 rounds in consistency
class)will be used to set their Index. This will be set to the one-tenth
of a second (.1) quicker than the racer’s ET. For example, a qualifying
time of 4.28 would set an Index of 4.20. Racers must run consistency
class to get qualifying time.
MODIFIED STOCK 38.5 AND DOWN
Tires must be DOT approved and can’t be altered. May have aluminum
intake and headers. Can have cam bigger than factory but must pull 15”
vacuum at 1200rpms or below. Must have factory style suspension (lift
kits allowed) minimum 3 leaves, no sliders or floaters, traction/ladder
bars allowed but must be solid not adjustable or slide. Traction bars
are allowed. Can be 3 points non-adjustable. No 4-link allowed. Wheel
base must stay same as factory for that vehicle. No coil over shocks. No
nitrous or dual carbs. May have stalls, must have windshield. GM must
have GM engine. Ford must have Ford engine. Jeep must have Jeep engine.
No trans brakes. No heavy gutting of interior or body.
SUPERSTOCK 40 AND DOWN
40 and down uncut DOT tires, must be full body. No vacuum requirements.
Gutting allowed. No aluminum blocks allowed. V8 mini-trucks allowed.
Must retain factory type suspension. No 4-links, no coil-overs, floaters
and sliders are allowed, minimum of 3 leaf springs.No dual carbs,
nitrous or aftermarket fuel injection. Must have minimum of 4 point roll
cage attached to frame at all points. All cage structures must be
designed in an attempt to protect the driver from any angle. Cage
structure must be made with a minimum 1 5/8 dia. .118 wall mild steel or
.083 chromoly tubing, no exhaust pipe or black iron pipe allowed. Tubing
must be notched at joints, welds must be slag and porosity free, mild
steel welding must be done by MIG or TIG, chromoly welding must be done
by TIG. Can have any engine, does not have to match body make.
PROSTOCK 44 AND DOWN
No tube frames. Can have any modification except aftermarket fuel
injection. No race bodies. No blowers or nitrous. Can have stall. Tires
can be altered but must be DOT approved. Motor and axles can be moved
but not more than 12 inches combined total measured from front of
balancer to axle tube. Does not have to be factory body. Must have full
body. Need to have roll cage for modified and open class unless moving
up from modified stock 38.5 and down. Roll cage must be attached to
frame in a minimum 4 points. Must have at least a 4 point harness. Must
have at least 1 drive shaft loop per drive shaft.
OUTLAW PROSTOCK 44 AND DOWN
No full tube frames. Can have any engine modifications except blowers
and turbo’s. Paddle tires and nitrous ok. Backhalf tube frames ok.
ATV AND UTV INDEX
Must wear lace up boots, tether kill switch, and helmet on ATV. Roll
bar, helmet, and seat belt on UTV.
ATV AND UTV CONSISTENCY CLASS
Same as ATV and UTV Index class rules.
Anything goes. Each vehicle makes two passes. The vehicle with the most
consistent two ET’s wins. This is determined by subtracting your faster
time from your slower time to determine the difference. Who ever has a
difference closest to 0.0 is the winner. If two or more people run the
same ET, then they will run off until winner is determined. For example,
vehicle 1 has ET’s of 4.0 and 4.1. Vehicle 2 has ET’s of 4.0 and 4.5.
Vehicle 1 wins because the time difference is 0.1 which is closer to 0.0.
CONSISTENCY WOMENS CLASS
Same as Consistency Class rules.
JUNIOR RACERS CLASS
Kids will race atv’s, go carts, golf carts, etc. that can run no faster
than 6 seconds in 200ft. This is a consistency class so they will make
two passes, the vehicle with the most consistent two ET’s wins. This
will be ran side x side but consistency is the name of the game,
reaction time does not matter. Tether kill switches on all vehicles were
you are not seat belted on, standard kill switch on all others.